Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wildwood NJ with my family

We got a call early Sunday morning from my parents asking us to go to the shore with them for the day. Dan had to work, so I got Hayden and myself ready for some fun in the sun! They were calling for some scattered showers, but we decided to take our chances. Summer is almost over and we don't know how many more trips to the shore we'll get this year.

The day ended up being perfect! It rained a little on the drive down but by the time we made it down to Wildwood, the weather had cleared up. We ate lunch at Sorrento's Pizza, played in the sand and the water for a few hours, and then got some ice cream to finish off the day!

Just after placing our order for ice cream, I got a call from Dan letting us know a huge storm was heading our way, so we packed our things and headed for the cars. We made it out of there just in time! We didn't hit any traffic (which is not typical for a Sunday evening!) and got hit by the storm on the highway. At least we weren't on the beach when the storm came in! We were able to beat it this time! We're hoping to get in at least 1 or 2 more trips to the shore before summer comes to an end. Let's just hope we get sunny days! No more rain, please!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Wildwood NJ w/grandparen
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I can't wait to meet baby Hayden she is SOOO CUTE! And I read your blog wayyyy down about your and Dan's story! I never knew any of that! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story :)

    ReplyDelete