Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Our very eventful weekend!

What a weekend! I had been looking forward to this past weekend for a long time now! My grandmother was coming from Paraguay to stay with my family for the next 6 months. It's been about 5 years since I last saw her so I've really been looking forward to this! She arrived Saturday morning. Of course we spent the day at my parent's house enjoying grandma's arrival! Hayden is her first GREAT grandchild so it was a very exciting moment. She still can't believe that I'm a mommy! I was her first granddaughter and now I have a daughter of my own! It's mind blowing for all of us. Even I still can't believe that this precious little baby is mine!

Well, the day went by and we had so much fun catching up on things. I guess the day was going by too perfectly that something had to go wrong! I got a call from Dan Saturday night letting me know he was going to be late. Apparently there was a party at the restaurant where he works that had some misfits! They vandalized our car, shattering the windshield by throwing rocks and putting dents and scratches all over the body! How is it that people don't supervise their children? You're at a restaurant, and a nice restaurant at that! How do you just let your kids run loose and not watch over them??? That's just irresponsible parenting if you ask me!

That basically put a big damper on the rest of the weekend! Dan and I tried making the best of Sunday by going out to a nice dinner just the two of us! My grandmother and mom were so happy to watch Hayden for us so that we could have a little alone time! I am so thankful for our families. I don't know what I'd do without them! I've always been thankful for my family, but I think Dan and I really learned to appreciate them much more now that Hayden has come along. We rely on them so much and they are just happy to help us always!

No comments:

Post a Comment