Thursday, December 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Dan!

So Dan's birthday was on October 25th, a little late, I know!

He's not much for parties or surprises, but still, I wanted to do something special for him this year. The plan was he was supposed to work until 8 that Sunday and I was going to meet up with him and go to dinner for his birthday. My mom was going to watch Hayden and we would stop by to pick her up later that night. While at dinner, our friends (who all work at the same restaurant as Dan) were going to sneak into our house to surprise him when we got home.

I spent all day cleaning and getting everything ready for the party. Our friend, Billy, stopped by to pick up the keys to get into the house and then I got a call from my mom that they were going to a farewell party and wouldn't be able to take Hayden. So, change of plans! I decided we'd still go out to dinner but we'll get pizza instead.

By 7:30 I was ready to go. The house was spotless, the food was ready and everything was as planned. Hayden and I headed over to the restaurant to pick up Dan! Once we were there, Hayden started to get fussy because it was already past her bed time. Dan suggested that we just go home and barbque (by the way, I got him a bbq grill for his birthday). NO, THAT RUINS EVERYTHING!!! No matter how much I tried to press it, Dan just wanted to go home.

I quickly texted Billy to let him know about the change in plans! But he was the only one at the house still, everyone else was getting off of work around 9 or 10! AHHH!

So we got home and the house was pitch black, except the TV was left on. A little curious about the situation, Dan went to check the house. It's not like me to leave anything on when I go out, no matter how long or short I'll be out of the house! As Dan stepped into the house, all he saw was a little head pop out from behind the dining room wall. "Billy?"

SURPRISE!!! Everyone eventually made it and we had a blast! Especially Dan. I thought he would be a little upset with me because I threw him a party even though he didn't really want one, but he had so much fun!

I love you babe! Happy birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment