Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Fever

It was a pretty busy weekend at the Deininger household! Saturday was my good friend Sheri’s baby shower. She’s expecting her first little girl by the end of July. So we were up early Saturday morning getting ready for the shower. We had a great time. Even Hayden enjoyed herself. She seems to enjoy being the center of attention! We got this great spoon that you can actually put baby food in this tube that attaches to the spoon. When you squeeze the tube, the food comes out of this little hole in the spoon and you can feed the baby. Less mess and easy to use! Well, it was a huge hit at the party. Everyone wanted to know what it was. I love it!

Then Sunday was my friend Priscilla’s Bridal Shower. One shower after another! I thought that both showers were on the same day and I was so upset. I had let Priscilla know that I was going to her shower weeks ago then I received Sheri’s invitation. Sheri helped put together my baby shower so I felt really bad missing hers! I got in a fret over nothing! Turned out that they were on different days and I was able to attend both! I left Hayden with my sister-in-law, Sarah, and was able to have a little “me time” and hang out with the girls! That was really nice. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to do that.

The rest of Sunday was pretty uneventful. We stopped by the restaurant and switched cars. The car I had didn’t have A/C and it was pretty hot out, so I swapped with Dan. We went home and played and napped… Then we went back to the restaurant to pick up Dan and all of a sudden Hayden started acting fussy. I didn’t know how much longer Dan was going to be so I went in the back seat and picked her up. I noticed that she felt a little warm which alarmed me a little.

When we got home I took her temperature and found that she had a 100.7 fever! Oh no! My poor little baby! We called the doctor and did everything she told us to do. Hayden was up half the night because she was unable to breathe comfortably. I set up an appointment for her to see the doctor yesterday morning which meant mommy had to take a day off of work! The doctor said that she had an upper respiratory infection! She’s been on amoxicillin and Tylenol for the past 2 days! I hope she starts feeling better soon! It sticks when she’s feeling sick. I feel so helpless! I just want her to be better!

Funny thing is that even though she’s sick, she still acts like her same old self! She’s a happy sick baby… The sickness didn’t really seem to effect her mood. She continued to smile and laugh all day long. I don’t know if that’s because I was home with her, but it did make things a little easier knowing that she was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment