Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Birthday parties and bath time

Hayden got invited to her first birthday party this month. Avery and Lolla, Hayden's twin cousins (I guess they would be her cousins...they are my cousin's daughters, so that would still make them cousins, right? oh well) turned a year old on June 18th and we had a little family party on Father's day to celebrate this big moment with them. It had been raining here for a good month straight and then all of a sudden on Father's day, the weather cleared up and we had a beautiful sunny day, not too hot with a beautiful breeze. It was great to be able to sit outside instead of being all cramped up inside. For anyone that doesn't know my family, it's BIG! I have 2 sister and a brother, then me, Hayden, my parents, my aunts and uncles and their kids... there's a lot of us! So being outside was a good thing!

Hayden and Avery got along so well. Hayden loved her from the moment she saw Avery. The two were constantly hugging and Hayden kept attacking her to try to give her kisses!She was a little more hesitant towards Lolla. They did play together, but for some reason Hayden wasn't too thrilled about Lolla playing with her toys. She did eventually get over it, but I guess that's what happens when you're an only child!Finally the best part of the day came! Cake! Hayden had her first sample of cupcake and let's just say she enjoyed it...Well, you can imagine she need a bath after this delightful experience! It was too funny, at first she didn't see the cupcake but the moment I put it in her line of sight, it was out of my hand and all over her face before I even had time to react. I almost missed catching it on camera because she was so quick. Good thing I had my phone set and ready to go!

When we got home, it was straight in the tub! Now that she is bigger and able to sit on her own, we have moved her from her standard bath tub to this really great blow up duck that I got from a friend at my baby shower. She loves taking her bath in that now! Photos still to come, I have to upload them onto my computer first!

No comments:

Post a Comment