Friday, January 14, 2011

Not So Terrible 2's

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I guess in a way I am.  I've heard so many horror stories about the "terrible 2's" and the temper tantrums and screaming fits but I haven't really experienced any of that... yet!  Maybe it's something I won't experience with Hayden, maybe she'll go through that phase later in life, or maybe I'll get it twice as bad with the next child, who knows.  All I know if as of right now, my little girl is a dream come true in every sense of the words.

Yes, we do run into our occasional fussy moments, but they are just moments and they go just as quickly as they came.  Hayden gets upset about something (not getting what she wants, a toy falling, I said "no" about something...).  Then it tends to go something like this:
Hayden: crying big as can be crocodile tears
Mom/Dad: "Hayden, it's no big deal." while Hayden, sniffing, looks at us with massive tears in her eyes.
Hayden: "Oh well?"
Mom/Dad: "Yeah, oh well!" Smile "It's no big deal."
Hayden: "Oh! Oh well!" A couple more sniffles and whips away the tears.  Tantrum over and she's back to her normal, playful self.
Like I said, I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but this has to be a big deal.  I've heard so many mothers tell me in an attempt to prepare me for this stage she was entering.  I've heard all the stories and I've experienced to a small degree dealing with a tempermental child but Hayden is nothing like that.  Maybe it has something to do with her upbringing, maybe it's something to do with our general moods around her (Dan and I are pretty mellow people to begin with), or maybe it's just in her nature to be a very easy going, go with the flow type child.  Who the heck know!  All I know for sure is that whatever the case may be, I'LL TAKE IT!  I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

If she's anything like me, which I truly think she is, I'll be paying for it during her teenage years!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you are lucky!! You guys must really be doing something right. Whats the secret. Hahaha....Bentley is the perfect child 95% of the time but the other 5% watch out it's like something takes over his body normally it will come from no where and it last anywhere from 1-3 hours, not even kidding. I have heard that if 2's aren't hard 3's will be but nothing like if it happens when they are 2.

    I don't believe in terrible 2's though I just think that at this age their emotional maturity is higher than their vocal ability and so they must get really frustrated when we don't understand them. At least that's what I choose to believe:)

    ReplyDelete